This middle school education degree (5-8) can prepare you to become a junior high teacher or middle school teacher. You’ll focus on two subject areas.
Cumberlands’ education degree program provides an excellent foundation for students seeking a career in teaching who want a well-rounded major in education. As you earn your bachelor’s degree in education, you will benefit from working with professors who have practical teaching experience helping students earn education degrees and from access to our instructional media library with its variety of teaching materials and media.
With a BS in education, you’ll also have an opportunity for field study during your 12-week practicum at one of several schools within the district.
What Can I Do A Bachelor’s Degree in Education?
Careers in middle school education may include:
- Teach students in your certification area and level (elementary, middle school, high school)
- Tutor at-risk students
- Serve in children’s or youth ministry
- Become a textbook representative
- Teach or train employees in large companies
- Become an educational consultant
- Teaching on military bases or in international schools