This early elementary education degree (P-5) is for students who want to teach young children.
Cumberlands’ elementary education programs provide an excellent foundation for students who seek a career in teaching. As an elementary education major, you will benefit from working with professors who have practical teaching experience and from access to our instructional media library with its variety of teaching materials and media.
While earning your elementary education degree, you’ll also have an opportunity for field study during your 12-week practicum at one of several schools within the district.
What Can I Do With This Elementary Education Degree?
- Teach students in your certification area and level (elementary, middle school, high school)
- Work with special education programs
- Tutor at-risk students
- Serve in children’s or youth ministry
- Become a textbook representative
- Teach or train employees in large companies
- Become an educational consultant
- Teach on military bases or in international schools